Friday, February 12, 2010

LTJG Bushey Demonstrating how to use a spirometery machine


I found out that had a spirometry machine! This aides us to diagnosis different types of lung disease by taking a deep breath in and then blowing it all out. Anyways, we have diagnoses someone with severe COPD and tracheal stenosis in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I took photos of how to use the machine step-by-step, with the help of Mike, so that I can give a power point presentation how to use it. Then I plan to give a lecture to the docs how to interpret. Anyways, I thought it was pretty cool that they had a hand-held spirometry machine. Unfortunately can't do lung volumes, but I will take what I can get. We also got $100K worth of endoscopy equipment that nobody really knows how to use. I am planning on going to Kabul in March to work with an American GI doc to learn how to put it together, clean and maintain it, besides doing the endoscopy part. Then teaching the Afghans? We will see how that works out.

2 comments:

  1. You know, catching up on blog posts and reading this one right after the P90X caught naked post...just doesn't look good. :)

    ReplyDelete